My Family Conspired Against Me, Voted For Peter Obi – Umahi

Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State and Senator-elect for Ebonyi South senatorial district has revealed that his family conspired against him during the February 25 presidential election and voted for Peter Obi of the Labour Party.

The governor disclosed this while speaking on Channels Television on Monday night.

He claimed that people voted for Obi because of the hardship they were facing, describing the scenario as protest votes.

Umahi said, “In all honesty, I didn’t give any chance to the Labour Party to win any election in my state (Ebonyi State) because what we had put in place was such that no other political party should be able to win anything, not even councillorship elections in my state. I see the Labour Party vote as a protest against my party; against the Peoples Democratic Party.

“I was very surprised; even in my family, there was a conspiracy against me. I did not know that they voted for Peter Obi, but in the other election, they voted for the All Progressives Congress because of what we’ve done in the state. It’s very surprising.

“It was not a vote for His Excellency, Peter Obi. As such, there are seeming hardships and challenges in Nigeria.”

The Labour Party flagbearer defeated his major rivals in the PDP and the APC in Ebonyi State, polling over 75 per cent of the votes cast in the southeastern state. None of the other candidates got up to 25 per cent of the votes.

He polled a total of 259,738 votes to defeat Bola Tinubu of the APC who got 42,402 votes. Atiku Abubakar of the PDP polled 13,503 votes to come third in the election.

Governor Umahi also expressed surprise Tinubu could lose Lagos State.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: