Borno Records Second Coronavirus Death

corona-vaccine

The Borno State Government has announced a second death from coronavirus outbreak.

The Deputy Governor, Alhaji Umar Kadafur, who is also the Chairman of the State High Powered Committee on COVID-19, made this known on Wednesday while giving an update on the pandemic in the state.

“The deceased is from Biu town, and already his contacts have been traced.

“One of his contacts is a trader in Biu market. Following this development, the state government has ordered the closure of the market for immediate fumigation.

“As of today, 144 contacts had been traced, 55 were tested and nine people tested positive including the two who died,” he said.

He urged the public to maintain hygiene and other precautionary measures advised by experts.

NAN reports that the first case was a retired anaesthetic nurse, who died at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital on Saturday.

Following the confirmation of the COVID-19 index case in Borno, Governor Babagana Zulum ordered a two-week total lockdown as from Wednesday.

Zulum, who made the declaration in a broadcast in Maiduguri on Monday, however, said the restriction would not apply to the providers of essential services.

Categories: News

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s