Five-Year-Old Dies In Bauchi Market Fire

Bauchi-fire

A five-year-old boy has died in a fire outbreak at the Muda Lawal Market located in Bauchi State, the Chairman of the market, Baba Magaji, confirmed to the press on Thursday.

According to him, the child was sleeping in one of the shops when the incident happened.

He also said that properties worth millions of Naira were destroyed by the fire.

Magaji said, “The fire started from a truck carrying mattresses that parked in the market since yesterday. Most of the eyewitnesses said that there a Keke Napep that parked closed to the truck, started the fire as a result of an electric spark”

“We recorded huge losses in the fire outbreak. A five-year-old boy, who was sleeping in one of the shops in the market during the fire incident, died.

“So far, 17 shops, 8 cars, 11 motorcycles, and 1 Keke Napep were burnt in the inferno.

“Some of the youths threw stones at the vehicle of the fire service because they were angry they arrived late at the scene of incident. It took the intervention of the security agents to calm the situation.”

Categories: News

Tagged as:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s