The Nigerian who blew the whistle that lead to the recovery of N13bn from Flat 7B Osborne Towers, Ikoyi, Lagos, has denied claim by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, that he has been paid five per cent of the recovered sum.
Mr. Yakubu Galadima, lawyer to the undisclosed whistle-blower stated this on Friday, adding that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has reneged on the promised fiver per cent.
Galadima, who spoke to journalists at the Lagos State High Court Ikeja, categorically said the claim by the acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, that the whistle-blower had been paid is false.
On Thursday EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, quoted Magu as saying in Vienna, Austria, that the “young man” who blew the whistle had already become a millionaire.
“So, he is under counseling on how to make good use of the money and the security implication.
“We don’t want anything bad to happen to him after taking delivery of his entitlement. He is a national pride,” Magu was quoted as saying.
However, Galadima said that the EFCC lied, saying that his client had been abandoned by the EFCC.
“The EFCC does not even know the whereabouts of my client. He is presently living from hand to mouth having been abandoned by the commission.
“We have written to the President and even to Magu himself and we have yet to get any form of response. I even sent Magu an SMS this morning debunking the allegation that my client has been paid; but as I speak, I have yet to get a response from him,” he added.